THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  gingerlad on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 am

I am very dubious about the article on your front page, i.e., The Freedom Charter.

How come there hasn't been much more made of this in the press and TV?

I wouldn't mind betting it is something to do with ASH, a spanner in the works, that will make the Conservatives and all the parties deny anything to do with this, and thus scupper any real chances of it ever happening.
avatar
gingerlad

Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  bumblebee on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:38 am

gingerlad wrote:I am very dubious about the article on your front page, i.e., The Freedom Charter.

How come there hasn't been much more made of this in the press and TV?

I wouldn't mind betting it is something to do with ASH, a spanner in the works, that will make the Conservatives and all the parties deny anything to do with this, and thus scupper any real chances of it ever happening.

I too havem't seen anything about this anywhere else.

As you say Gingerlad, it could be a ploy by ASH or it could be a Labour party plot to make the Conservatives look like they are back-tracking on their promisses.

You can just imagine them saying this is all you can expect from the Tories. If they backtrack on this, then why believe anything they say?
avatar
bumblebee

Posts : 12
Join date : 2008-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  redsunset on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:43 am

I too havem't seen anything about this anywhere else.

As you say Gingerlad, it could be a ploy by ASH or it could be a Labour party plot to make the Conservatives look like they are back-tracking on their promisses.

You can just imagine them saying this is all you can expect from the Tories. If they backtrack on this, then why believe anything they say?
bumblebee

Bumblebee, I think youre right. Even that dodgy looking poster thing which was supposed to have come from the Sun. I get the Sun almost every day (yes I'm not ashamed to say so) and I never saw this in it.
avatar
redsunset

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  Don Draper on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:11 am

It has to be a Labour plot.

The Tories wouldn't come up with something like this which they know could ruin their chances in an election. I think the Tories will do something about the ban, and all those other things, but they would never admit it at this stage.

It has LABOUR PLOT written all over it.
avatar
Don Draper

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  soapy on Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 am

I see that there is a great deal of caution here, caution is a good thing in moderation, perhaps it may be a good idea to verify whether or not the charter exists, if it does and if shown enough support then it may come to pass, I am not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination but I do know they they have watched nu-labour commit politcal suicide and doubt that they intend going down the same road.

If it turns out to be a hoax then at least you'll know for certain so why not ask the Conservatives? After all it is their alleged charter.

soapy

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Ban

Post  Lyn on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 am

I can see where you are all coming from, but nevertheless I have posted my feelings to the link supposedly emailing DC at the Conservative office.

If this has gone through to the Conservatives along with many others, then I am sure we will hear something in the relatively near future. If we don't hear anything else, then it probably is a hoax and I, for one, can resign the party back to the bin where I dragged it out of!

Lyn

Posts : 1
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  redsunset on Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 am

soapy wrote:I see that there is a great deal of caution here, caution is a good thing in moderation, perhaps it may be a good idea to verify whether or not the charter exists, if it does and if shown enough support then it may come to pass, I am not a conservative by any stretch of the imagination but I do know they they have watched nu-labour commit politcal suicide and doubt that they intend going down the same road.

If it turns out to be a hoax then at least you'll know for certain so why not ask the Conservatives? After all it is their alleged charter.

Soapy; I am not saying that I don't believe in this at all, all I am saying is that I would be very surprised if it is genuine.

My main cause for holding back on it, is that it has not caused more notoriety since it supposedly came about. Its almost like saying that one of the main parties was going to bring back hanging, and that they made a statement as such a couple of weeks ago, but no one noticed, do you see what I mean?
avatar
redsunset

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  soapy on Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:13 pm

Yes I see what you mean, my point was simply that caution has its its place. I did not suggest at any point belief or disbelief that is a personal matter, I did however suggest investigation which is the prudent exercise of caution which would either prove or disprove the charter.

Right now it is rumour, and will remain just that until the Conservative party confirms or denies it.

soapy

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  helend498 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:02 pm

I get The Sun and I read this article. It was definitelly genuine. It was part of 'The Whip' column and was published on Mon 18 August. I did try to find a link at the time but couldn't.
I've actually written to my local Tory candidates about it (they're not in office at the moment, but will be after the next GE). I sent them an attachment of the article and both stated that they agreed with it and would vote that way if the opportunity arose.
I believe that the best thing we can all do, is contact our local Tory MPs, Tory Central Office and Tory clubs (it'll only take a few minutes with a quick email), congratulating this stance.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained (as the old saying goes!)

helend498

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  Don Draper on Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:51 am

helend498 wrote:I get The Sun and I read this article. It was definitelly genuine. It was part of 'The Whip' column and was published on Mon 18 August. I did try to find a link at the time but couldn't.
I've actually written to my local Tory candidates about it (they're not in office at the moment, but will be after the next GE). I sent them an attachment of the article and both stated that they agreed with it and would vote that way if the opportunity arose.
I believe that the best thing we can all do, is contact our local Tory MPs, Tory Central Office and Tory clubs (it'll only take a few minutes with a quick email), congratulating this stance.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained (as the old saying goes!)

Helen, I know the article was in the Sun as I have seen the picture of it on the front page here, which I don't think is a fake.

BUT

I have since heard from a friend, that Freedom 2 Choose have something to do with this.

If that's good or bad we don't know yet. I just hope it doesn't go wonky for us that's all.
avatar
Don Draper

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-05-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  redsunset on Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:35 am

The more you look into this the dodgyer it gets.

If this story originated from the Sun, which only one person seems to have seen, and almost 3 weeks later is picked up by F2C then why didn't they contact Forest about it? After all, Forest is the main website.

But even if F2C didn't bother to contact Forest, surely Forest would have picked up on the article themselves?

Very dodgy goings on I would say, very dodgy. But who is going to benifit from it at the end of the day, I certainly don't know?
avatar
redsunset

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:45 am

I have sent an email to my local Conservative office in Greenwich, showing them what the article says and asking the following: Can you confirm if you have heard anything about this, and if so, do you support it?

If and when I get an answer, I will put it here for all to see.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 95
Join date : 2007-12-14

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  trueone on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 am

soapy wrote:Yes I see what you mean, my point was simply that caution has its its place. I did not suggest at any point belief or disbelief that is a personal matter, I did however suggest investigation which is the prudent exercise of caution which would either prove or disprove the charter.

Right now it is rumour, and will remain just that until the Conservative party confirms or denies it.

I agree with you Soapy. But what do you suggest we do in order to find out?

From what I have seen a lot of people have already been writing and emailing their Conservatives and just getting bog standard replies. How do we force them to give us something more concrete?
avatar
trueone

Posts : 20
Join date : 2008-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  soapy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:06 am

Hello Truone,
Admin has just done it, now if you all do the same thing and ask the conservatives directly they will will confirm or deny. Of course if they get enough letters asking and supporting it they may well incorporate into their manifesto if they are not already doing so.

soapy

Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-09-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: THE FREEDOM CHARTER???

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum