HISTORY BEING REPEATED?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HISTORY BEING REPEATED?

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:49 am

A new book, The Third Reich at War by Richard J. Evans is reviewed in today's Saturday Times, you can see full article here. Http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article4915271.ece

It sounds a fascinating book, which in my opinion, should be required reading for all schoolchildren, 11 and upwards, so that what happened during that period is never forgotten.

There are however, two extracts from the review, which have very strong similarities as to what is happening today on another front, which I think doesn't need naming, they are as follows:

1. Like all fanatics, the Nazis never allowed truth or logic to impede their ideology.

2. History may move on in the minds of younger generations, but the example of the Third Reich must never be forgotten. As Evans puts it at the end of his book: "It shows what can happen if some people are treated as less human than others."
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: HISTORY BEING REPEATED?

Post  Don Draper on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:36 am

Admin wrote:
1. Like all fanatics, the Nazis never allowed truth or logic to impede their ideology.

2. History may move on in the minds of younger generations, but the example of the Third Reich must never be forgotten. As Evans puts it at the end of his book: "It shows what can happen if some people are treated as less human than others."

This is exactly what we are have to deal with today, lying about us, never letting truth get in their way, and treating us like sub humans.

These Nazi-ash bastards should be put on trial just their their counterparts were.
Don Draper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soapy on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 pm

Hi guys,

Have you noticed how when you compare Nazism to life under NU labour ( should that be Neo-Nazi) they scream unfair and claim we are unreasonable for even suggesting it. Methinks the party doth protest too much!

soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Draper on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:34 am

soapy wrote:Hi guys,

Have you noticed how when you compare Nazism to life under NU labour ( should that be Neo-Nazi) they scream unfair and claim we are unreasonable for even suggesting it. Methinks the party doth protest too much!

The problem is Soapy, that because of this financial mess which newlab contributed to on a grand scale, and now (after 11 bleeding years) are helping to put right again (with our money), so their ratings in the polls have started to rise again, and I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Gordon didn't decide to order a snap election, now he's on a high again.

If they do get back in, we will never see a repeal of the smoking ban, or even a compromise on it, especially now he's got the old gang back in, starting with Lord Mandy of Poofshire.
Don Draper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 am

Don Draper wrote: I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Gordon didn't decide to order a snap election, now he's on a high again.

If they do get back in, we will never see a repeal of the smoking ban, or even a compromise on it, especially now he's got the old gang back in, starting with Lord Mandy of Poofshire.

I absolutely hate Peter Mandleson. He is the archetypal Nazi, strutting around and ordering everyone to his bidding, while he gets richer and richer off our backs
redsunset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soapy on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:28 am

[quote="Don Draper"]
soapy wrote:I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Gordon didn't decide to order a snap election, now he's on a high again.

It would not surprise me either, I am like most fairly ignorant when it comes down to the economy, I suspect a skilled Economist could engineer the crisis we are in or the timing is coincidental.

If they do retain power then I fear we'll lose a lot more than cigarettes, they're already moving on food and alcohol.

Apologies for any confusion I did not author the quote used, Don Draper did.

soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Draper on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 am

soapy wrote:

Apologies for any confusion I did not author the quote used, Don Draper did.

Tell tale....
Don Draper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  soapy on Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:49 am

yep jocolor

Perhaps mandy's revival is connected with a "Scorched Earth" policy like I've upset the electorate i'm not getting back in so we'll punish 'em by wrecking the country. Twisted Evil

soapy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top