WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smoking in hospital

5 posters

Go down

Smoking in hospital Empty Smoking in hospital

Post  Admin Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:58 am

I happened to be visiting someone in a hospital last night, and as I left, I had reason to speak to one of the hospital porters. As I was speaking to him, another hospital worker came up to him and pointed out a man at the end of the corridor, who was smoking. "Look, there he is", he said, "smoking here in the hospital, someone has to do something".

The porter looked very angry and said he would call security straight away. The man who was smoking, obviously saw what was happening and rushed away in the opposite direction. I said to the porter that the man hadn't committed a crime, "he's only smoking a fag for Christ sake". The porter, who had been very nice up to that point, didn't even answer me, he gave me such a look, almost akin to me being part of some pedophile ring or its equivalent.

I then went to leave, and as I got outside, I almost bumped into the man who was smoking, as he had travelled right around the block, and was still smoking. I quickly told him what had been said, and told him to be careful as they now had the security guards out looking for him.

The man was almost in tears, as he thanked me, and said his wife was in the hospital and he had just been told that she had only days to live. I patted him on the shoulder and wished him well, or something like that. I couldn't remember what I actually said, as the whole incident upset me so much.

Here, in modern day Britain, we have a scene like this, where a man was smoking a perfectly legal substance, quite close to an exit, and nowhere near any wards, and yet he was being persecuted and hunted, like an animal, and all because his wife was dying. Is there no compassion at all with these people? What sort of a nation have we become? I fear for my family and for the future, what are your thoughts on this horrible story?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Smoking in hospital Empty Re: Smoking in hospital

Post  chewbacca Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:11 am

Admin wrote:I happened to be visiting someone in a hospital last night, and as I left, I had reason to speak to one of the hospital porters. As I was speaking to him, another hospital worker came up to him and pointed out a man at the end of the corridor, who was smoking. "Look, there he is", he said, "smoking here in the hospital, someone has to do something".

The porter looked very angry and said he would call security straight away. The man who was smoking, obviously saw what was happening and rushed away in the opposite direction. I said to the porter that the man hadn't committed a crime, "he's only smoking a fag for Christ sake". The porter, who had been very nice up to that point, didn't even answer me, he gave me such a look, almost akin to me being part of some pedophile ring or its equivalent.

I then went to leave, and as I got outside, I almost bumped into the man who was smoking, as he had travelled right around the block, and was still smoking. I quickly told him what had been said, and told him to be careful as they now had the security guards out looking for him.

The man was almost in tears, as he thanked me, and said his wife was in the hospital and he had just been told that she had only days to live. I patted him on the shoulder and wished him well, or something like that. I couldn't remember what I actually said, as the whole incident upset me so much.

Here, in modern day Britain, we have a scene like this, where a man was smoking a perfectly legal substance, quite close to an exit, and nowhere near any wards, and yet he was being persecuted and hunted, like an animal, and all because his wife was dying. Is there no compassion at all with these people? What sort of a nation have we become? I fear for my family and for the future, what are your thoughts on this horrible story?

You are right, this country now stinks, and I am not talking about the so caled stink all these anti smoking gits go on about, I am talking about the way we are treated here. We are treated worse than animals
chewbacca
chewbacca

Back to top Go down

Post  robin Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:30 pm

yet gays are now allowed?

even though it is a sin against the Bible?
and is the same deviation as Paedophilia!

and how come Animal cruelty in the form of Halal and Kosha slaughter is allowed even though the practice is now Illegal in Great Britain?

RSPCA Hypocrites?, YES!

robin

Back to top Go down

Post  gingerlad Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:12 am

robin wrote:yet gays are now allowed?

and how come Animal cruelty in the form of Halal and Kosha slaughter is allowed even though the practice is now Illegal in Great Britain?

RSPCA Hypocrites?, YES!

What the bleeding hell has that got to do with the smoking ban?
gingerlad
gingerlad

Back to top Go down

Post  numero-uno Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 am

robin wrote:yet gays are now allowed?

RSPCA Hypocrites?, YES!

robin, I am not 100% sure, but I think you will find that Halal and Kosha slaughter is not illegal in Britain. But, even if it is, this is what this whole thing is about. About other people, our government and the EU enforcing their beliefs on us.

I for one, have had enough, I am fed up with being bossed around and told how to live my life. If the slaughter of animals in a certain way is illegal, I say, so f****g what, if it gives some people some pleasure, then carry on with it, and that goes for smoking too.
numero-uno
numero-uno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down