SAFE CIGARETTE?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAFE CIGARETTE?

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:56 am

Do you believe that passive smoking kills? It doesn't make any difference if you do, or if you do not believe it.
The Government tell us that passive smoking kills all those that are exposed to it. So what are they doing about it? The simple answer is, Nothing!

Banning smoking in public places, whilst still raking in billions of pounds in revenue from tobacco products, is like selling arms to Al Qaeda, whilst at the same time, condemning them for the atrocities they carry out by using the weapons we are selling them.

We would not accept poisons to be used in baby foods. We would not accept children's toys which cause death just by children touching or playing with them. We would not accept a motor vehicle that didn't have any brakes. So why are we told by this Government to accept tobacco products, which they tell us in their own words, are killing us?

As said above, it does not matter what your views are on this, whether pro or anti tobacco, whether you believe the Government or disbelieve them, the simple fact is that the Government must back up their beliefs, and there is only one way to democratically do this.

Please sign this petition, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/toxinsintobacco/ which calls for a Government ban all and any, carcinogens or other toxic substances, claimed to be in cigarettes and other tobacco products, which can cause harm and possibly death to anyone exposed to it.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SAFE CIGARETTE?

Post  panultimo on Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:11 am

Admin wrote:Do you believe that passive smoking kills? It doesn't make any difference if you do, or if you do not believe it.
The Government tell us that passive smoking kills all those that are exposed to it. So what are they doing about it? The simple answer is, Nothing!

Banning smoking in public places, whilst still raking in billions of pounds in revenue from tobacco products, is like selling arms to Al Qaeda, whilst at the same time, condemning them for the atrocities they carry out by using the weapons we are selling them.

We would not accept poisons to be used in baby foods. We would not accept children's toys which cause death just by children touching or playing with them. We would not accept a motor vehicle that didn't have any brakes. So why are we told by this Government to accept tobacco products, which they tell us in their own words, are killing us?

As said above, it does not matter what your views are on this, whether pro or anti tobacco, whether you believe the Government or disbelieve them, the simple fact is that the Government must back up their beliefs, and there is only one way to democratically do this.

Please sign this petition, http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/toxinsintobacco/ which calls for a Government ban all and any, carcinogens or other toxic substances, claimed to be in cigarettes and other tobacco products, which can cause harm and possibly death to anyone exposed to it.

What a brilliant idea. I will definitely be voting and also getting as many people as I can to do the same.

We have to call these b*****d's bluff, and from what I see this is an excellent way to do it.
panultimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rosiew on Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:02 am

Um - do we know from anyone working in the tobacco industry whether it's actually possible to manufacture cigarettes without these so-called toxins?

I'm a bit worried we might be shooting ourselves in the foot here by effectively calling for a total ban on cigarettes ... Shocked

rosiew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 am

rosiew wrote:Um - do we know from anyone working in the tobacco industry whether it's actually possible to manufacture cigarettes without these so-called toxins?

I'm a bit worried we might be shooting ourselves in the foot here by effectively calling for a total ban on cigarettes ... Shocked

Rose, Here is a part of an article I am writing to accompany this petition.

Phillip Morris, have already developed a cigarette which they claim is 90% safer than a normal cigarette. There are also several patents, both in the USA and Europe for filter devices which claim to remove practically all the toxins from the smoke.

If these things are already in existence, then think what could happen, if the tobacco companies' arms were twisted just that little bit more, if Governments around the world, forced them to remove all carcinogens from their products, or face going out of business?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Safe Cigarette

Post  botswana7 on Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:45 am

I will be signing the petition, the government could have no excuses left to keep the ban in place. Very Happy

B7 Very Happy

botswana7

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset on Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:50 am

botswana7 wrote:I will be signing the petition, the government could have no excuses left to keep the ban in place. Very Happy

B7 Very Happy

My thoughts exactly Botswana. I will be signing it today, and passing it down to friends.

Even if this Government doesn't act on it, it will still make the opposition parties see that they do to do something if they want to win those important votes
redsunset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rosiew on Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:25 am

I daresay this is a really stupid question, but why do the cigarette companies include the toxic substances then? Isn't it the nicotine we're addicted to? Are they supposed to add flavour or help the burning or something?

rosiew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:54 am

rosiew wrote:I daresay this is a really stupid question, but why do the cigarette companies include the toxic substances then? Isn't it the nicotine we're addicted to? Are they supposed to add flavour or help the burning or something?

From what I understand Rosie, there are toxic substances in many, many things which we eat and drink, and use every day. One of the substances in cigarettes for instance is arsenic, which, as we all know, is a highly poisonous substance.

But, when you take into account, that even drinking water, has elements of arsenic in it, which in minuscule dosage is completely harmless, then why all the fuss about it being in cigarettes?

The anti tobacco lobby, have seized upon these elements, pointing out their toxicity, and hoping to scare everyone into submission. After all, no one in the right mind would agree to eat, drink or smoke something which was highly poisonous would they? But we all do, every day, because the general public do not get to hear about it, unless of course, the Government want them to hear about it, as in tobacco.

The actual amounts of any of these so called toxins, contained in a cigarette, is about as equal to pouring a whole bottle of arsenic into the North Sea, and then telling everyone that all life in the North Sea would be wiped out because of this.

It would dissipate, in exactly the same way this minuscule amount dissipates in a cigarette or in a bottle of drinking water.

These toxins are found in the glue for instance, which holds a cigarette together, they are found in the paper surrounding the cigarette, they are found in nearly all preservatives, but, in the amounts used, are completely harmless.

If they are not harmless, then why are they allowed to be used in so many foodstuffs and drinks?

But, if you were looking for a good reason to ban something, and you suddenly found out that it contained arsenic, to name but one element, I would say that you had a pretty good weapon there, with which to beat your opponents into submission.

This is why we need to force our Government into banning these elements, as harmless as they are in their present format, from all tobacco products. Once removed, they will have no possible excuse to enforce their ban on smoking in any public places.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  numero-uno on Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:30 am

I have already voted on this.

We have to stop this government somehow.

A friend of mine said he has heard of a similar movement in America.
numero-uno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gingerlad on Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am

I signed the petition last week, but I have noticed a dramatic slowdown in signatures over the weekend. The last time I looked there was only 202 signatures, we must get more than that.

I am sending emails to everyone I know, and asking them to do the same, so come on everyone out there. get your fingers busy on those keyboards. We need signatures.
gingerlad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chewbacca on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:24 am

gingerlad wrote:I signed the petition last week, but I have noticed a dramatic slowdown in signatures over the weekend. The last time I looked there was only 202 signatures, we must get more than that.

I am sending emails to everyone I know, and asking them to do the same, so come on everyone out there. get your fingers busy on those keyboards. We need signatures.

You must have been looking at a different petition to what I have seen Gingerlad, it only shows 109 signatures now, that is 20th Feb 2008
chewbacca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top