7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

View previous topic View next topic Go down

7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:52 am

Just 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

I have just added the following article to the front page of this website. Please check it out and follow link

There are just 5 short weeks to go to get our message accross.

Gordon Brown has started his campaign, we need to start ours, NOW!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 95
Join date : 2007-12-14

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  botswana7 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:05 pm

I will be strongly supporting the "No Smoke no Vote" Campaign I believe that all interested parties should come together under this banner, everyone needs to make a concerted effort.

All in the UK can also join in the Mayor of London Election protest, (you do not have to live in London to join in), you can download from the home page at the link below, send in as many as you can.

B7 Very Happy

www.freewebs.com/botswana7

botswana7

Posts : 32
Join date : 2008-01-19

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  Admin on Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:56 pm

botswana7 wrote:I will be strongly supporting the "No Smoke no Vote" Campaign I believe that all interested parties should come together under this banner, everyone needs to make a concerted effort.

All in the UK can also join in the Mayor of London Election protest, (you do not have to live in London to join in), you can download from the home page at the link below, send in as many as you can.

B7 Very Happy

www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Botswana, you are absolutely correct, but I believe the main party we need to get on board is Forest, and from what I see and know of them, they are not willing to get involved in anything they consider controversial.

I have sent numerous emails to Simon at Forest, and the answer is always a big zilch.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 95
Join date : 2007-12-14

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  helend498 on Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 pm

My MP is a labour one, so I am strongly following the No Smoke, No Vote campaign. I have, however, also written to the other candidates from the other parties (except UKIP) stating that I could not support or vote for any party who allows the type of propoganda and brainwashing that has been dished out over passive smoking to go unchallenged.
In the email I received from my Tory candidate he stated that he was against the smoking ban, but I've thrown it back in his face because he is not exposing the lies used and that are continuing to be used to denormalise, victimise and persecute smokers.
If they can do it over this issue and allow it to go unchallenged, then they can do it over anything. That makes them as bad as the labour party in my eyes.

helend498

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

7500 smoking voters

Post  botswana7 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:27 pm

Admin wrote:
botswana7 wrote:I will be strongly supporting the "No Smoke no Vote" Campaign I believe that all interested parties should come together under this banner, everyone needs to make a concerted effort.

All in the UK can also join in the Mayor of London Election protest, (you do not have to live in London to join in), you can download from the home page at the link below, send in as many as you can.

B7 Very Happy

www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Botswana, you are absolutely correct, but I believe the main party we need to get on board is Forest, and from what I see and know of them, they are not willing to get involved in anything they consider controversial.

I have sent numerous emails to Simon at Forest, and the answer is always a big zilch.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome?


Hi Admin

Have taken some time to look over the Forest site, must say I am not impressed at all. : Embarassed

Apart from some old posters and old news on protests they do not seem to be pushing against the ban, but agree they need to be on board.

As you have contacted them on numerous occassions with no response I can only assume they have friends in high places and do not want to rattle any cages.

Message to Simon at Forest if you read this get in touch with admin, we need a united front. Very Happy

Regards B7

www.freewebs.com/botswana7

botswana7

Posts : 32
Join date : 2008-01-19

View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  bumblebee on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:28 am

I have also looked at the FOREST site and from what I have seen it seems to be too self indulgent and more interested in its own brand of politics (whatever that is) than helping smokers to do something positive about the ban.
avatar
bumblebee

Posts : 12
Join date : 2008-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  numero-uno on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 am

I am getting so angry at this government and what they are doing to this country, and I am not just talking about the smoking ban, I am talking about everything, just like the article on the front page here today.

But where do we start?

I have sent emails to all the political parties, and I haven't even received a reply from one of them as yet.

I have looked on the Forest site, and on the F2C site, and here, but no one seems to want to show us a way. I should have made this into a new subject, called Take me to my leader.

Please, someone, there are millions of us out here and we need help and leadership?
avatar
numero-uno

Posts : 19
Join date : 2007-12-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  gingerlad on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:56 am

It would be good if we did have a leader, but who? I don't want some unelected leader to start telling me what to do, we already have that with Gordon Brown, and we have it again with the EU, and we all moan enough about those two don't we.

I suggest that anyone, and I mean anyone, comes up with any bright ideas, that they should put it down on here, and see what others think about it. If it is good enough it will atract followers right?

Come on then, lets hear what ideas you have?
avatar
gingerlad

Posts : 36
Join date : 2008-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  redsunset on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:57 am

I keep reading this same thing everywhere, on all the different forums.

We are all searching for answers and leadership. I think it will come, and probably from the most unsuspecting source.
avatar
redsunset

Posts : 34
Join date : 2008-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  helend498 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:10 pm

numero-uno wrote:I am getting so angry at this government and what they are doing to this country, and I am not just talking about the smoking ban, I am talking about everything, just like the article on the front page here today.

But where do we start?

I have sent emails to all the political parties, and I haven't even received a reply from one of them as yet.

I have looked on the Forest site, and on the F2C site, and here, but no one seems to want to show us a way. I should have made this into a new subject, called Take me to my leader.

Please, someone, there are millions of us out here and we need help and leadership?

N1
You won't get a reply, and even if you are lucky enough to get one, it will only be a cut and paste, bog-standard reply that ASH supplied them with. The only way to attack is to actually tell your MP why you are no longer voting for them. If we all just go along and vote for someone else, without telling them the reason why, then the 'smoking' issue will again be 'swept under the carpet'. If they know that smokers have a vote, then they may listen to us.
I've started attacking my candidate-in waiting. I am in a labour controlled council and I know the tories (spit!) want to get in. The smoking ban is my main concern, so conversing with tories for this doesn't matter.
After many emails, this was the final one I received, and I was gobsmacked:

Helen

Thanks for your latest e-mail.

As someone who has to earn a living as well as devote 30 hours or so a week to my bid to become an MP, I unfortunately do not have the time (and no paid for researchers!) to read the scientific studies in any detail. I am aware that a WHO report on passive smoking was hushed up in 1998 because it did not provide the result they wanted. I’m also aware that much science is badly tainted nowadays by the source of funding.

My approach to politics is that often problems are inter-related in complex ways, and I think this subject demonstrates that. I have a science degree from Cambridge , but have not pursued science as a vocation. However, I am keen to see science become increasingly free from the vested interests who fund much so-called “research”. Our science group has come up with ideas about changing funding, but I think we need to endow our premier universities, so that they have the funds to conduct research unpressed by chasing the filthy lucre.

Regards


I have replied quite strongly now that I have had the admission, but we need to make these MPs answer our questions and not those of the anti-smoking brigade.

helend498

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:04 am

helend498 wrote:
numero-uno wrote:I am getting so angry at this government and what they are doing to this country, and I am not just talking about the smoking ban, I am talking about everything, just like the article on the front page here today.

But where do we start?

I have sent emails to all the political parties, and I haven't even received a reply from one of them as yet.

I have looked on the Forest site, and on the F2C site, and here, but no one seems to want to show us a way. I should have made this into a new subject, called Take me to my leader.

Please, someone, there are millions of us out here and we need help and leadership?

N1
You won't get a reply, and even if you are lucky enough to get one, it will only be a cut and paste, bog-standard reply that ASH supplied them with. The only way to attack is to actually tell your MP why you are no longer voting for them. If we all just go along and vote for someone else, without telling them the reason why, then the 'smoking' issue will again be 'swept under the carpet'. If they know that smokers have a vote, then they may listen to us.
I've started attacking my candidate-in waiting. I am in a labour controlled council and I know the tories (spit!) want to get in. The smoking ban is my main concern, so conversing with tories for this doesn't matter.
After many emails, this was the final one I received, and I was gobsmacked:

Helen

Thanks for your latest e-mail.

As someone who has to earn a living as well as devote 30 hours or so a week to my bid to become an MP, I unfortunately do not have the time (and no paid for researchers!) to read the scientific studies in any detail. I am aware that a WHO report on passive smoking was hushed up in 1998 because it did not provide the result they wanted. I’m also aware that much science is badly tainted nowadays by the source of funding.

My approach to politics is that often problems are inter-related in complex ways, and I think this subject demonstrates that. I have a science degree from Cambridge , but have not pursued science as a vocation. However, I am keen to see science become increasingly free from the vested interests who fund much so-called “research”. Our science group has come up with ideas about changing funding, but I think we need to endow our premier universities, so that they have the funds to conduct research unpressed by chasing the filthy lucre.

Regards


I have replied quite strongly now that I have had the admission, but we need to make these MPs answer our questions and not those of the anti-smoking brigade.


Well done Helen, That was a really interesting email you received there. I did not quite understand if the prospective candidate was Labour or Conservative?

Is there any chance of sharing his name with us, or a PM if you like?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 95
Join date : 2007-12-14

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  helend498 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:14 pm

Admin
I'm still working on this bloke yet and I don't want to frighten him off, but I must admit that in some of his previous emails, he is getting rather aggrevated with me - most have given up corresponding before we get this far.
This is a Tory candidate, but at the moment he knows he's not got my vote, because he won't expose the truth about the lies used for the lobbying of the ban, and the devastation that is occurring as a result. To me, this is as just as bad as voting for it in the first place, particularly when he has agreed that lies existed.
I have however found that using his quote in further correspondence to other local MPs that it throws a bit more into my arguement, along with the conclusion that the Lords arrived at when discussing this bill.
I think that it is vital that the local MPs are bombarded with as much aggrevation as possible in the run up to the elections, otherwise it won't be an issue to them and will look as though the ban has been fully integrated and accepted, which it certainly has not.

I'll let you have his details when I've finished 'using him' for all the information I can get, afterall, that's what they do to us.

helend498

Posts : 17
Join date : 2008-03-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 7,500 smoking voters can wipe out Labour's Commons majority

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum