PUBLICANS GET ORGANISED

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PUBLICANS GET ORGANISED

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:09 am

I say that it is about time the pub trade started helping themselves.

I saw this one silly idea today about the pub trade banning Alistair Darling from pubs.

Big deal, what a laughing stock they will make of themselves doing this. Does anyone really think it will make the slightest bit of difference, banning this one silly little pathetic man? The media will have a field day with such a piece of nonsense.

All we ever hear about is how we, the customers, should fight the ban, and about how many pubs have closed and are still closing.

With all due respect, there are a few publicans that have got off their bottoms and are fighting back, but the majority just moan and do nothing, and then eventually close up.

The pubs jointly are a force to be reckoned with. They need to be brought together, and to fight for their livelihoods and their rights. Ban all politicians, for a start, not one weedy little creep.

March to Downing Street, present petitions, place adverts in local and trade papers, do local surveys and publish them, and present them to Downing Street.

This Government needs to be warned now, amend this law or face extinction.

Some of you think UKIP can help you, well bloodywell ask them then, and if you don't get the answer you are looking for, then move on and ask all the political parties, and if you still don't get the answer you want, get up off your bums and do it yourself.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: PUBLICANS GET ORGANISED

Post  bumblebee on Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:24 am

Admin wrote:I say that it is about time the pub trade started helping themselves.

I saw this one silly idea today about the pub trade banning Alistair Darling from pubs.

Big deal, what a laughing stock they will make of themselves doing this. Does anyone really think it will make the slightest bit of difference, banning this one silly little pathetic man? The media will have a field day with such a piece of nonsense.

All we ever hear about is how we, the customers, should fight the ban, and about how many pubs have closed and are still closing.

With all due respect, there are a few publicans that have got off their bottoms and are fighting back, but the majority just moan and do nothing, and then eventually close up.

The pubs jointly are a force to be reckoned with. They need to be brought together, and to fight for their livelihoods and their rights. Ban all politicians, for a start, not one weedy little creep.

March to Downing Street, present petitions, place adverts in local and trade papers, do local surveys and publish them, and present them to Downing Street.

This Government needs to be warned now, amend this law or face extinction.

Some of you think UKIP can help you, well bloodywell ask them then, and if you don't get the answer you are looking for, then move on and ask all the political parties, and if you still don't get the answer you want, get up off your bums and do it yourself.

You are right admin, these publicans do nothing but moan, and NOTHING is the word.

Why should we help them if they won't try to help themselves?
bumblebee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset on Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:49 am

Publicans have been moaners for as long as I can remember.

Even at Christmas time or other holidays when they have been packed out. I remember saying to my local publican about how well he did over the Christmas period, and he just replied that I should have seen it before and afterwards, terrible, terrible.

Well if they stopped moaning and started marching, they might achieve something, but I bet they won't
redsunset

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chewbacca on Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:00 am

Well they definitely need to get organised now, after this latest law, which Labour have just brought in, making publicans resonsible for customers who call staff darling.

I have never heard such a load of stupid old tosh in my life. If the barmaid don't like it, then get another bloody job darling.

But getting back to the point, it is about time the publicans got up off their arses and did something about it.
chewbacca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helend498 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:57 pm

I've been on their site a few times. They've an anti-ban thread and a pro-ban thread. No comments have yet been made on the pro-ban thread Laughing , but there's still only 3 been left on the anti-ban thread Rolling Eyes .
If we can, get in there and put something on the anti-ban thread. It seems to be quite a polite forum though, so be 'gentle' with your words.
I'm flabergasted how the publicans have sat still over the ban for as long as they have - BUT, haven't the majority of the smokers in the country done the same thing as well. Everybody seems to be waiting for somebody else to do something about it just because it's the law

helend498

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Publicans

Post  elec-cigs on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 am

They are there own worst enemy.
If they offered their customers electric cigarettes, they wouldn't have a problem. No smell or secondary smoking and much cheaper so more money to spend on drinks.
If you want to try them go to www.elec-cigs.co.uk

elec-cigs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum