THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT

View previous topic View next topic Go down

THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT

Post  Admin on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 am

How much more difficult can this Government make it for pub owners?
Harriet Harmen, Labour's Minister for Women, has just shafted the pub industry yet again, by rubber stamping a new regulation by what is known as Statutory Instrument, which meant that no debate or vote was called for in Parliament, and the bill goes straight through, unopposed.

The new bill, which I am sure everyone will of heard of by now, and which is due to be in force from this Sunday, 6th April, will make pub landlords liable to unlimited compensation claims from staff who complain of being upset by customers, who call them such names as "luv" or "darling".

Firstly, what if the person behind the bar happens to be a man? Will he be able to claim for being upset if a female customer calls him darling? I bet he won't, and I bet he would be laughed out of his job if he did complain about such trivial nonsense.

Also, does Harriet seriously think that only women who work behind a bar, are capable of being called darling? What about women in offices, or at a supermarket checkout?

I would say that if a woman, or indeed anyone, was so maladjusted that she or he, couldn't accept being called a term of endearment, that surely they must be in the wrong job. After all, there are plenty of jobs out there where one doesn't have to come into contact with members of the opposite sex.

But hold on, I have just thought of another problem which is likely to crop up regarding this latest piece of soppy Labour legislature. What if a gay barman is called darling or love, by a gay male customer, will he also be able to claim harassment?

Last, but not least, imagine this scenario; a young lady gets a job in a bar, a male friend of hers comes in for a drink, and calls her darling. She reports the terrible incident to the publican, but by then the friend has walked out of the pub, so nothing much the publican could do. The next night and the night after that, it happens again. Each time, just too late for the publican do catch the man, not that I am sure what he would supposed to be able to do if he did catch him.
But now, the young lady barmaid has made her obligatory three complaints, and the landlord has failed miserably, according to the new law, in stopping this depraved freak from harassing his staff by calling her darling not once but three times.

The new law applies, the young lady takes the landlord to court and he is fined and made to pay her 50,000 compensation.

The young lady and her male accomplice move onto the next pub in the next town, and start all over again. Not bad for three nights work was it, and all thanks to the Labour Party and the minister for something silly or other.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: THREE STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT

Post  chewbacca on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 am

I am sure this Government is intent on closing all our pubs down.

They are introducing one law after another, to kill the pub trade. First the smoking ban, then the higher taxes on drink, and now this, and each one of these personally effects the landlord/ publican.

What is wrong with these people, why are they so vindictive?
chewbacca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  helend498 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:22 pm

chewbacca wrote:
What is wrong with these people, why are they so vindictive?

They're not vindictive - they are Nazis masquerading as do-gooders who know best for the health of the nation!

helend498

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top