I think they're getting worried

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I think they're getting worried

Post  mary on Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:08 pm

A bit of gossip.
I love to view the F2C website front page stories. Someone's hijacked the site though. I visited it tonight and it directed me straight to the GoSmokefree website from the govt NHS body! F2C is trying to get around the highjack, as at least the Smokefree website has disappeared.
I've missed the front-page today, but I'm sure this must mean that someone's getting a little bit worried about the truth getting out, and we all keep chipping away.
I think that IT helped temendously when they referred back to the Lords statement over the ban in the first place. It's got a lot of people off their backsides to look it up. Possibly they're now starting complaining.
If we want to do something about the ban, then we must shout out about it. Marches won't happen. We have to let the local MPs know that your personal vote depends on them agreeing to an amendment to the ban. I'm not bothered if my MP doesn't like me, I don't like her either as she voted for the ban

mary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I think they're getting worried

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:15 am

mary wrote:A bit of gossip.
I love to view the F2C website front page stories. Someone's hijacked the site though. I visited it tonight and it directed me straight to the GoSmokefree website from the govt NHS body! F2C is trying to get around the highjack, as at least the Smokefree website has disappeared.
I've missed the front-page today, but I'm sure this must mean that someone's getting a little bit worried about the truth getting out, and we all keep chipping away.
I think that IT helped temendously when they referred back to the Lords statement over the ban in the first place. It's got a lot of people off their backsides to look it up. Possibly they're now starting complaining.
If we want to do something about the ban, then we must shout out about it. Marches won't happen. We have to let the local MPs know that your personal vote depends on them agreeing to an amendment to the ban. I'm not bothered if my MP doesn't like me, I don't like her either as she voted for the ban

Welcome to this site Mary, nice to see new posters with something to say.

I have heard from a few people that they had difficulty in logging onto F2C, although I haven't experienced that (yet)

I agree with you that we must all let our MPs know what we think. There are between 12 and 18 million smokers in the UK, all with voting power, and the sooner these dunderhead MPs know this the better.

As for your MP not liking you, so b****y what? He/she will soon start to show their "love" for you, when they realise they just might be loosing your vote.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:13 am

I just had an email from Colin at F2C, who said the following:

We are aware of the problem. We were hacked. Our webmaster is rerouting to a back up server now.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top