WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS

3 posters

Go down

BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS Empty BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS

Post  Admin Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:50 am

The NHS faces accusations that it wasted millions of pounds trying to help smokers to quit.
While smokers prop up the NHS with the revenue collected by HM Gov from tobacco products, the NHS itself, continues to throw the money down the drain.

Last year, more than £7.5 million was spent on smoking cessation schemes in London alone, with only a small percentage actually giving up.

Read article here: Http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23479750-details/NHS+wastes+millions+on+smokers+who+fail+to+quit/article.do

Worse still, is the fact that the treatments offered at clinics include nicotine patches and gum and drugs such as Champix and Zyban. According to a report by BioSpace, Pfizer has announced that based on post-marketing reports of adverse events with varenicline (Champix), the company will be updating its product labelling in USA to include a warning that patients who are attempting to quit smoking with varenicline should be observed for serious neuropsychiatric symptoms, including changes in behaviour, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal ideation and suicidal behaviour.

This update has been based on the US FDAs and Pfizers' ongoing safety review of post-marketing reports.

The MHRA and the EMEA have also previously issued warnings of risks of suicidal ideation and depression in patients taking varenicline (Champix)

So that's all right then is it? A small percentage of people actually manage to quit smoking, while other take these disastrous drugs and end up committing suicide.

As long as Big Pharma's profits keep going up, they're not complaining.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS Empty Re: BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS

Post  bumblebee Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:24 am

I have heard about Champix, and what it does to people, yet they are allowed to market and advertise that aren't they?

I have never known such a bunch of hypocrats as this government.
bumblebee
bumblebee

Back to top Go down

BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS Empty Re: BIG PHARMA DISH OUT THE SUICIDE PILLS

Post  redsunset Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:43 am

Admin wrote:The NHS faces accusations that it wasted millions of pounds trying to help smokers to quit.
While smokers prop up the NHS with the revenue collected by HM Gov from tobacco products, the NHS itself, continues to throw the money down the drain.

Last year, more than £7.5 million was spent on smoking cessation schemes in London alone, with only a small percentage actually giving up.

Read article here: Http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23479750-details/NHS+wastes+millions+on+smokers+who+fail+to+quit/article.do

Worse still, is the fact that the treatments offered at clinics include nicotine patches and gum and drugs such as Champix and Zyban. According to a report by BioSpace, Pfizer has announced that based on post-marketing reports of adverse events with varenicline (Champix), the company will be updating its product labelling in USA to include a warning that patients who are attempting to quit smoking with varenicline should be observed for serious neuropsychiatric symptoms, including changes in behaviour, agitation, depressed mood, suicidal ideation and suicidal behaviour.

This update has been based on the US FDAs and Pfizers' ongoing safety review of post-marketing reports.

The MHRA and the EMEA have also previously issued warnings of risks of suicidal ideation and depression in patients taking varenicline (Champix)

So that's all right then is it? A small percentage of people actually manage to quit smoking, while other take these disastrous drugs and end up committing suicide.

As long as Big Pharma's profits keep going up, they're not complaining.

This is OUR money which these crooks are dishing out along with their suicide pills.

When I say crooks I am not referring to the NHS, I am talking about our crooked government.

The trouble is we still have got to put up with them for another 2 years, unless useless Gorgon Brown is forced out before then. (I wish)
redsunset
redsunset

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum