Lisbon Treaty should be "declared dead"

Go down

Lisbon Treaty should be "declared dead"

Post  panultimo on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:21 am

David Cameron has said the Lisbon Reform Treaty should be "declared dead" following Irish voters' rejection of the treaty by 53.4% to 46.6%.

He accused the Government of "arrogance" for pressing ahead with ratifying the treaty against public opinion.

After calling on Mr. Brown to make a statement on Monday, David added that the British people should now be given the referendum they deserve.

"I think the elites in Brussels have got to listen to people in Europe who do not want endless powers being passed from nation states to Brussels. They do not want these endless constitutions and treaties", he added.

Go to story here: Http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=145274
panultimo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lisbon Treaty should be "declared dead"

Post  chewbacca on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 am

panultimo wrote:David Cameron has said the Lisbon Reform Treaty should be "declared dead" following Irish voters' rejection of the treaty by 53.4% to 46.6%.

He accused the Government of "arrogance" for pressing ahead with ratifying the treaty against public opinion.

After calling on Mr. Brown to make a statement on Monday, David added that the British people should now be given the referendum they deserve.

"I think the elites in Brussels have got to listen to people in Europe who do not want endless powers being passed from nation states to Brussels. They do not want these endless constitutions and treaties", he added.

Go to story here: Http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=145274

I agree 100% with David Cameron on this.
chewbacca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Draper on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:28 am

panultimo wrote:David Cameron has said the Lisbon Reform Treaty should be "declared dead" following Irish voters' rejection of the treaty by 53.4% to 46.6%.

Yes, I agree, but the problem we have is that our so called prime minister cannot read. He does not understand what NO means, and he seems to think that the Irish referendum on the Lisbon Treaty, was something to do with going to Lisbon for a holiday.

Gordon Brown is a moron. I hope the Labour Party keep him on until the General Election, just to make sure the Conservatives win.
Don Draper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down