WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children?

3 posters

Go down

Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children? Empty Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children?

Post  Admin Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:22 am

Anti-Smoking Advocate Says Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children. By Michael Siegel.

I would say that how much the parents love their kids and show them love, the values they teach their kids, and the example they set for them in terms of morals such as compassion, kindness, honesty, respect, and tolerance are perhaps some of the most important factors in terms of whether I would consider a parent to be a good role model for their children.

To look only at smoking and state that if someone smokes, they are a poor role model for their child, regardless of all these other factors, seems to me to be narrow-minded and self-righteous. Http://www.smokersclubinc.com/Page/6010.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children? Empty Re: Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children?

Post  soapy Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:49 pm

Well said Admin, as the father of three girls and the grandfather of five my girls have never brought the police home indeed never brought any serious trouble home. They are not angels either, but when caught put their hands up take whats coming. I've smoked most of my life and if I am a bad role model then there should be more like me.

soapy

Back to top Go down

Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children? Empty Re: Smokers are a Bad Role Model for their Children?

Post  trueone Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:34 am

soapy wrote:Well said Admin, as the father of three girls and the grandfather of five my girls have never brought the police home indeed never brought any serious trouble home. They are not angels either, but when caught put their hands up take whats coming. I've smoked most of my life and if I am a bad role model then there should be more like me.

We should be putting stuff out like this ourselves Soapy instead of sitting back and letting these ASH people smear us all the time.

It is a bloody disgrace to call ordinary people, like yourself and me, and the thousands of other smokers, a bad influence on children. As you so rightly say, there should be more like you, and me.
trueone
trueone

Back to top Go down

Post  soapy Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:00 am

A good point Trueone, The questions are:
What outlets do have available to us?
Would a carefully worded, balanced statement or individual letters be the best way forward?

I would think that perhaps the parenting publications may be a good place to start.

soapy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down