WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corporate Insanity

2 posters

Go down

Corporate Insanity Empty Corporate Insanity

Post  stuwho99 Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:50 am

Sirs,

I usually spend up to six-months a year working away from home. My choice for accommodation has been Motels, usually Premier Inn. They have banned smoking in their rooms so I fed back that the decision will be costing them about £7,500 a year in loss of my custom. I get a garbled and miss-informed response to the effect that it is unlawful to smoke in an enclosed space. Sorry, I tell them, the law allows smoking in hotel bedrooms if they are designated as smoking rooms.

Back comes a reply, ignoring completely the loss of my business, and giving a load of PR hogwash about being committed to clean and healthy environments. Me? I just have to move up market to better class hotels where smoking is accepted.

But the insanity? I discover that the owners of the motel chain are Whitbread! There are 4 or 5 pubs a day closing in the UK due to the smoking ban and a brewery chain shoots itself in the foot in its own hotels. Glad I’m not a share holder!

stuwho99

Back to top Go down

Corporate Insanity Empty Re: Corporate Insanity

Post  chewbacca Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:34 am

stuwho99 wrote:Sirs,

I usually spend up to six-months a year working away from home. My choice for accommodation has been Motels, usually Premier Inn. They have banned smoking in their rooms so I fed back that the decision will be costing them about £7,500 a year in loss of my custom. I get a garbled and miss-informed response to the effect that it is unlawful to smoke in an enclosed space. Sorry, I tell them, the law allows smoking in hotel bedrooms if they are designated as smoking rooms.

Back comes a reply, ignoring completely the loss of my business, and giving a load of PR hogwash about being committed to clean and healthy environments. Me? I just have to move up market to better class hotels where smoking is accepted.

But the insanity? I discover that the owners of the motel chain are Whitbread! There are 4 or 5 pubs a day closing in the UK due to the smoking ban and a brewery chain shoots itself in the foot in its own hotels. Glad I’m not a share holder!

I just do not understand the big breweries, or the tobacco giants come to that. These are the 2 sets of people who could help the most, with all the money and power they have, but instead of that, they just sit back on their fat arses and do nothing.
chewbacca
chewbacca

Back to top Go down