WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST

4 posters

Go down

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST Empty THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST

Post  panultimo Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:49 am

I am getting so peed off with what is happening, or to be more precise, what is not happening with regard to getting something done about this terrible smoking ban.

There are 3 major sites where people like myself can air their views, the first, being this one, The Smoker Magazine, the second being F2C, and the third, being Forest.

The Smoker Magazine seems to be the only one which doesn't make promises that is cannot deliver on. It invites members to have their say, except it should have been called "have your moan" because that is all they ever do, moan, moan, moan, and never offer any suggestions as to what could possibly be done about it.

F2C started off by being "THE" site to belong to, they were going to get a Judicial Revue of the law, and everyone thought they were the saviour of our freedoms, but when that fizzled out, what were we left with? A bunch of yet more moaners, each and every one of them, purporting to be some sort of boss or manager, who will organise dropping off 2 dozen leaflets in their local pub. BIG DEAL, I could get my dog to do that. Two many chiefs and not enough Indians, is my summing up on that one!

Forest likes to present itself as the upper class one of the set. It's spokesman doesn't even smoke, that's surely telling us something isn't it? But what does Forest offer us? They certainly won't let us have our say on anything that they don't instigate in the first place. It's either make your comment on what Forest tell you to, or forget about it.

In my opinion, Forest is looking for higher things, it has political aims, and will ride roughshod over the smoker in order to obtain them.

I would be very interested in other smokers views on this?
panultimo
panultimo

Back to top Go down

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST Empty Re: THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST

Post  Admin Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:53 am

panultimo wrote:I am getting so peed off with what is happening, or to be more precise, what is not happening with regard to getting something done about this terrible smoking ban.

There are 3 major sites where people like myself can air their views, the first, being this one, The Smoker Magazine, the second being F2C, and the third, being Forest.

The Smoker Magazine seems to be the only one which doesn't make promises that is cannot deliver on. It invites members to have their say, except it should have been called "have your moan" because that is all they ever do, moan, moan, moan, and never offer any suggestions as to what could possibly be done about it.

F2C started off by being "THE" site to belong to, they were going to get a Judicial Revue of the law, and everyone thought they were the saviour of our freedoms, but when that fizzled out, what were we left with? A bunch of yet more moaners, each and every one of them, purporting to be some sort of boss or manager, who will organise dropping off 2 dozen leaflets in their local pub. BIG DEAL, I could get my dog to do that. Two many chiefs and not enough Indians, is my summing up on that one!

Forest likes to present itself as the upper class one of the set. It's spokesman doesn't even smoke, that's surely telling us something isn't it? But what does Forest offer us? They certainly won't let us have our say on anything that they don't instigate in the first place. It's either make your comment on what Forest tell you to, or forget about it.

In my opinion, Forest is looking for higher things, it has political aims, and will ride roughshod over the smoker in order to obtain them.

I would be very interested in other smokers views on this?

Well I suppose I should be pleased that we seem to have come out the best of the three sites you named Panultimo.

You are right of course, in what you say, that most people do just moan, and moan, and moan. But, until somebody comes up with a real plan of action, there doesn't seem to be much else we can do.

Please don't take that as a sign of defeat from me, as I have been advocating action ever since this disastrous ban came into being, but as I am sure everyone is aware, it takes numbers of dedicated people to make that action work, not just a single person, or even a few.

As Sir Winston Churchill said, when speaking on what he referred to as both our darkest and our finest hour "Give us the tools and we will finish the job" The tools needed in this case, are most definitely, man/woman power.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST Empty Re:- The Smoker F2C-Forest

Post  botswana7 Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Until a breakthrough or someone comes up with some new co-ordinated plan of action, the smoking ban should be discussed and kept high on the news agenda.

It may seem that people are moaning because they have not found the major breakthrough but they are keeping the campaign alive they are discussing all sorts of topics and keeping chat boards and hope going. Infact they are as desparate as we are to overturn this draconian ban.

Regards B7 Very Happy

www.freewebs.com/botswana7

botswana7

http://www.freewebs.com/botswana7

Back to top Go down

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST Empty RE The Smoker - F2C - Forest

Post  helend498 Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:55 am

We are all waiting for the breakthrough and mistakes are now being made by HMG and the anti-smokers. The more mistakes they make, the easier it will be to get something done. I know it's frustrating, but we have to bide our time and get it right.
In the meantime, there's always the ballot box to view your disgust at this ban and how it has been handled. The May local elections are fast approaching with around 143 local councils involved. When the knock comes on the door by the lobbying parties, make sure you let them know that the smoking ban will not be swept under the carpet and forgotten about. Also remember to mention the old cross on the ballot paper.
Let's get them talking about it again
Helen

helend498

Back to top Go down

THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST Empty Re: THE SMOKER - F2C - FOREST

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum