WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOVERNMENT TO BAN ADDITIVES

4 posters

Go down

GOVERNMENT TO BAN ADDITIVES Empty GOVERNMENT TO BAN ADDITIVES

Post  Admin Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:11 am

I have just read the following article in today's paper:

Additives DO harm children - and a ban could cut child hyperactivity by a third, say scientists Read article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=558368&in_page_id=1770

Some time ago I called upon the Government, by way of an online petition, which you can see and vote on here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/toxinsintobacco/#detail The petition calls for the Government to ban all the harmful additives from all tobacco products.

Before launching the petition, I contacted a number of MPs., regarding this, some didn't even bother to answer, and the few who did, acted as if they couldn't care less, telling me that it was not Government policy to ban every thing that might possibly cause harm to anyone (if this wasn't such an outright lie, I could almost have laughed). They went on to say also, that it was not up to the Government to tell manufacturers how to run their businesses.

My argument at the time, was, what if they found harmful additives in children's food or drinks, surely they would do something about that? Needless to say I did not even get an answer on that, which is why I then started the online petition.

Now, it seems that scientists are calling for the Government to ban these harmful additives from children's food and drinks, and I think this is quite right too. But I also think they should do the same regarding tobacco products.
There is nothing harmful in pure tobacco, and the best cigars are made from exactly that. The carcinogens and toxins which are added to cigarettes during their manufacture, are where any possible problems lie.

If these toxins were banned, there would be no need for a smoking ban anywhere. Could this be the very reason the Government will not look at this option?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

GOVERNMENT TO BAN ADDITIVES Empty Re: GOVERNMENT TO BAN ADDITIVES

Post  bumblebee Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 am

Admin wrote:I have just read the following article in today's paper:

Additives DO harm children - and a ban could cut child hyperactivity by a third, say scientists Read article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=558368&in_page_id=1770

Some time ago I called upon the Government, by way of an online petition, which you can see and vote on here: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/toxinsintobacco/#detail The petition calls for the Government to ban all the harmful additives from all tobacco products.

Before launching the petition, I contacted a number of MPs., regarding this, some didn't even bother to answer, and the few who did, acted as if they couldn't care less, telling me that it was not Government policy to ban every thing that might possibly cause harm to anyone (if this wasn't such an outright lie, I could almost have laughed). They went on to say also, that it was not up to the Government to tell manufacturers how to run their businesses.

Not Government policy to ban every thing that might possibly cause harm to anyone?

Who do these idiots think they are kidding?

They have even banned kids playing conkers because they are too dangerous, and now they come up with crap like this. Please roll on the elections when we can get rid of these bunch of creep forever.
bumblebee
bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  numero-uno Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:20 am

I just read that they are now trying to ban sausages!

Yes, this is not a joke.
numero-uno
numero-uno

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 am

In this morning's Daily Mail, page 33. It says that "Unsafe levels of arsenic" have been detected in baby food.

OK this is terrible, but what it does in fact tell us, is that certain levels of arsenic are safe then?

A while back, this was one of the main reasons we were being told that cigarettes were dangerous, because one of the things they contained was "arsenic".

Because most people at the time, were ignorant of things like this, and just the word "arsenic" was enough to send people running for cover, the Government managed to push through the lousy no smoking bill.

Only now, do we see it in print, that there are acceptable levels of asenic.

Bring on the lection, get rid of this lying Government forever.
redsunset
redsunset

Back to top Go down

Post  bumblebee Wed May 07, 2008 6:02 am

redsunset wrote:In this morning's Daily Mail, page 33. It says that "Unsafe levels of arsenic" have been detected in baby food.

OK this is terrible, but what it does in fact tell us, is that certain levels of arsenic are safe then?

A while back, this was one of the main reasons we were being told that cigarettes were dangerous, because one of the things they contained was "arsenic".

Because most people at the time, were ignorant of things like this, and just the word "arsenic" was enough to send people running for cover, the Government managed to push through the lousy no smoking bill.

Only now, do we see it in print, that there are acceptable levels of asenic.

Bring on the lection, get rid of this lying Government forever.

So now we know that minute particles of arsenic are safe in our food, water and cigarettes, shouldn't the government now be telling us exactly how much arsenic constutes an unsafe level?

Does anyone know?
bumblebee
bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum