WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY

+2
bumblebee
Admin
6 posters

Go down

BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY Empty BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY

Post  Admin Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:26 am

Boris Johnson has just announced that he would like to see local councils given the right to allow smoking venues or not.

Well said Boris, you are the only politician that has come forward and put freedom of choice back on the menu. you deserve to win.

See article here: Http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-mayor/article-23478881-details/Boris%3A+I%27ll+give+you+a+say+on+smoking/article.do
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY Empty Re: BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY

Post  bumblebee Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:21 am

Admin wrote:Boris Johnson has just announced that he would like to see local councils given the right to allow smoking venues or not.

Well said Boris, you are the only politician that has come forward and put freedom of choice back on the menu. you deserve to win.

See article here: Http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-mayor/article-23478881-details/Boris%3A+I%27ll+give+you+a+say+on+smoking/article.do

I really hope Boris gets in as Mayor, as I think he will be a real ally to the smokers. I think he is scared of saying the wrong thing at the moment, as Ken's team would jump on him like a ton of bricks.

Remember what he said about 8 years ago, about black people having smiles like water mellons? No big deal in that what I could see, but Livingstone even dug that out and used it against Boris, saying he was a racist.
bumblebee
bumblebee

Back to top Go down

Post  chewbacca Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:19 am

I agree, I think Boris will be a good thing for London, and the Conservatives in general if he gets in.

He is like a breath of fresh air compared to that old snake Livingstone.
chewbacca
chewbacca

Back to top Go down

Post  helend498 Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm hoping to think this way, but I don't know whether I should. He's since retracted his statement (whether on the orders from Central Office or not, I don't know).
I know it is political suicide for anyone to mention the word smokers - but hey, hang on! We represent approx 20-25% of the adult population and are being actively discriminated against.
Every major party knows that the science was junk and yet they are still singing this tune. I've always voted Tory, but I'm deeply hesitant this time. This is only a local election and I intend to use my vote against all those parties who agree with the smoking ban. Tories included, because I haven't heard anything different from DC.
Boris may be speaking for the majority of Tories, I don't know, but if their leader has been brainwashed by the anti-smoking lobby, I don't see any point in bothering with them.
I'm torn between 2 votes:
I want the labout party out - so vote Tory
I want the smoking ban amended - so vote UKIP

I cannot get my head around how any politicain (in power or opposition) can still state that the ban is not causing any problems to this country - and all the main parties are. They are more concerned about their own political careers than the devasting effects this ban is having on our country.

Sorry for the 'rant', but that is my opinion

helend498

Back to top Go down

Post  panultimo Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:06 am

helend498 wrote:I'm hoping to think this way, but I don't know whether I should. He's since retracted his statement (whether on the orders from Central Office or not, I don't know).
I know it is political suicide for anyone to mention the word smokers - but hey, hang on! We represent approx 20-25% of the adult population and are being actively discriminated against.
Every major party knows that the science was junk and yet they are still singing this tune. I've always voted Tory, but I'm deeply hesitant this time. This is only a local election and I intend to use my vote against all those parties who agree with the smoking ban. Tories included, because I haven't heard anything different from DC.
Boris may be speaking for the majority of Tories, I don't know, but if their leader has been brainwashed by the anti-smoking lobby, I don't see any point in bothering with them.
I'm torn between 2 votes:
I want the labout party out - so vote Tory
I want the smoking ban amended - so vote UKIP

I cannot get my head around how any politicain (in power or opposition) can still state that the ban is not causing any problems to this country - and all the main parties are. They are more concerned about their own political careers than the devasting effects this ban is having on our country.

Sorry for the 'rant', but that is my opinion

I know what you mean helen. It seems that at this moment in time everyone is frightened to mention that they are on the side of smokers.

It only takes one person to jump up and say their husband or wife died of cancer and that they smoked, and no further proof is needed or asked for, it was obviously the smoking that killed them, and if you say you support smokers, then you are an accomplice to murder. Now what politician in his right mind is going to admit to that on the eve of an election?

It doesn't matter one jot if that smoker also drove a heavy goods vehicle and inhaled diesel fumes all their lives, they smoked, and that is the answer then.

The only thing that is going to break the back of this thing, is an independent examination into second hand smoke, and this would need to be done by a professional body who is recognised by everyone and in the pay of no one. Is this possible, who knows, I just hope it is.
panultimo
panultimo

Back to top Go down

BACKING BORIS ALL THE WAY Empty Freedom Pass

Post  Admin Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:05 am

Have you seen this? http://www.backboris.com/assets/freedom_pass.jpg
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:03 am

Admin wrote:Have you seen this? http://www.backboris.com/assets/freedom_pass.jpg

Blimin cheek.....I'm not 60....yet
redsunset
redsunset

Back to top Go down

Post  redsunset Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:19 am

I've just read that Livingstone has made up yet another pack of lies, and trying to make out that Boris will abolish the pass if he gets in.

Boris MUST get in, we MUST get rid of the odious Livingstone
redsunset
redsunset

Back to top Go down

Post  panultimo Thu May 08, 2008 3:54 am

Boris has just announced that he is banning alcoholic drink on busses, tubes and trams, which I think everyone would agree is a good thing to stop yobbish and violent behaviour.

Everyone that is, except union man, Bob Crow, "it will be impossible to police it" he crows, "they should have consulted us first".

Oh yes, Mr Crow, did they consult you and the rest of your left wing crownies, when they banned smoking on trains and even on open platforms?

Do us a favour Crow features, and get yourself a life, learn to smile for once instead of constantly crowing about everything.
panultimo
panultimo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down