WELCOME TO THE SMOKERS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SMOKING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES

5 posters

Go down

SMOKING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES Empty SMOKING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES

Post  Admin Fri May 16, 2008 7:02 am

Regarding smoking in other people's houses, I just read a very interesting article in this morning's paper, where the artist, David Hockney says that he was invited to a dinner party at Clarence House, hosted by Prince Charles. He asked Charles, who is a well known anti-smoker, if he could smoke, and Charles told him, of course he could, and an ashtray was brought to him immediately.

That's what I call being a real genial host, none of this go outside business.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://page2.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SMOKING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES Empty Re: SMOKING IN OTHER PEOPLE'S HOMES

Post  numero-uno Mon May 19, 2008 5:53 am

Admin wrote:Regarding smoking in other people's houses, I just read a very interesting article in this morning's paper, where the artist, David Hockney says that he was invited to a dinner party at Clarence House, hosted by Prince Charles. He asked Charles, who is a well known anti-smoker, if he could smoke, and Charles told him, of course he could, and an ashtray was brought to him immediately.

That is right. A guest in your house should be made welcome, not be made to feel like some sort of outcast.
numero-uno
numero-uno

Back to top Go down

Post  panultimo Mon May 19, 2008 7:47 am

If someone asks you to their home, knowing you are a smoker, then they should allow you to smoke.

I have a friend who farts quite a lot, but I don't tell her to go outside when she is about to do one, although I must admit, I do wave my hand about a bit, like the antis do when they smell smoke.

I know what I would rather smell bom
panultimo
panultimo

Back to top Go down

Post  chewbacca Thu May 22, 2008 7:02 am

panultimo wrote:If someone asks you to their home, knowing you are a smoker, then they should allow you to smoke.

I have a friend who farts quite a lot, but I don't tell her to go outside when she is about to do one, although I must admit, I do wave my hand about a bit, like the antis do when they smell smoke.

I know what I would rather smell bom

If a non smoker farted in my house, I would light a fag immediately, and tell them that I was doing it to drown the evil smell of their farts, and if they didn't like it, I would tell them to go outside then.
chewbacca
chewbacca

Back to top Go down

Post  trueone Thu May 22, 2008 7:09 am

Admin wrote:Regarding smoking in other people's houses, I just read a very interesting article in this morning's paper, where the artist, David Hockney says that he was invited to a dinner party at Clarence House, hosted by Prince Charles. He asked Charles, who is a well known anti-smoker, if he could smoke, and Charles told him, of course he could, and an ashtray was brought to him immediately.

I have always thought Charles was a bit of a drip, but after reading that, I have a completely different outlook on him now, and as for David Hockney, he has always been a hero of mine.
trueone
trueone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down